Tuesday, 2024-05-14, 7:13 PM
Main Registration RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Community » Questions/Suggestions » My game idea (In development)
My game idea
SimTheDogDate: Friday, 2012-02-24, 4:57 PM | Message # 1
Advanced Member
Group: Generation Masters
My brother and I had an idea for a 2d side-scrolling game. The game is in a futuristic setting. The story is about an evil scientist (who we haven't named yet) that's trying to take over the world by using his programmed robots to hypnotise people with their dance-moves, and the main character (who we haven't named yet) is trying to stop them by getting revenge on the evil scientist.

The main character gets stronger through music, so he collects musical instruments that give him different sorts of power-ups. The power-ups from the instruments reflect the personality of the instruments. For example, when you collect a Guitar, you get a speed boost and when you collect a Violin, it turns everything in slow-motion (each power-up has it's own theme song). The main-character's attacks are that he dances, and as he dances, he hits his enemies.

As for the enemies, they're going to be robots. There will be different types of robots with different sorts of attacks though. You will also face challenges from other dancers for recruitment opportunities. I think that this idea has a lot of potential, and I also wonder if you guys can add to that or even ask me any questions.

http://simthedog.deviantart.com/

AceDate: Saturday, 2012-02-25, 1:13 AM | Message # 2
Master
Group: Generation Scholars
Seems like a pretty cool idea. Lol maybe do a break dance attack where your flipping all over the place and kickin up the bad guys XD I do really like the concept with the powerups based on the instrument.

SimTheDogDate: Saturday, 2012-02-25, 7:57 AM | Message # 3
Advanced Member
Quote (Ace)
Lol maybe do a break dance attack where your flipping all over the place and kickin up the bad guys XD

I was thinking of something like that. biggrin
Quote (Ace)
I do really like the concept with the powerups based on the instrument.

Thanks.

GarpDate: Saturday, 2012-02-25, 1:18 PM | Message # 4
Very Active
Group: Generation Starters
good luck sim and yes i m alive tongue is this site also alive?

You can throw food on me, you can pour drinks on me, you can even spit on me, i'll just laugh that stuff off. But good reason or not, nobody hurts a friend of mine!! ~ Shanks

VizDate: Saturday, 2012-02-25, 5:19 PM | Message # 5
Very Active
Quote (Garp)
is this site also alive?

Not really.

AceDate: Sunday, 2012-02-26, 4:03 AM | Message # 6
Master
Quote (Garp)
is this site also alive?

Good to hear you're alive lol. The site's going through a bit of a low point. It's picked up a little bit in the last few days. Still not goin very good though

AceDate: Sunday, 2012-02-26, 7:45 AM | Message # 7
Master
Sim, are you planning on making this game? Cuz I know you shouldn't have much trouble gettin people to help out with the graphics and such, but you'd also need someone who can compose music for a game like this, in addition to a coder. Do you have anyone in mind for that? Just curious lol

GarpDate: Sunday, 2012-02-26, 4:14 PM | Message # 8
Very Active
Quote (Viz)
Not really.

Quote (Ace)
Good to hear you're alive lol. The site's going through a bit of a low point. It's picked up a little bit in the last few days. Still not goin very good though

i see '-'
Quote (Ace)
Sim, are you planning on making this game? Cuz I know you shouldn't have much trouble gettin people to help out with the graphics and such, but you'd also need someone who can compose music for a game like this, in addition to a coder. Do you have anyone in mind for that? Just curious lol

the music composition shouldn't be the major problem, finding a suiting coder is always tricky though

You can throw food on me, you can pour drinks on me, you can even spit on me, i'll just laugh that stuff off. But good reason or not, nobody hurts a friend of mine!! ~ Shanks

AceDate: Sunday, 2012-02-26, 4:23 PM | Message # 9
Master
Quote (Garp)
the music composition shouldn't be the major problem, finding a suiting coder is always tricky though

True. I tried my hand at coding once. Ended up with a massive headache and several hours wasted with nothing accomplished XD

VizDate: Sunday, 2012-02-26, 8:37 PM | Message # 10
Very Active
Quote (Garp)
finding a suiting coder is always tricky though

Not really. You just have to know where to look, or have good connections.

GarpDate: Sunday, 2012-02-26, 10:16 PM | Message # 11
Very Active
Quote (Viz)
Not really. You just have to know where to look, or have good connections.

i do agree with your statement BUT exactly that is what makes it difficult. also a suiting coder =! skilled coder. finding ppl who re willing to work hard for a project is definately difficult

SimTheDogDate: Tuesday, 2012-02-28, 3:03 PM | Message # 12
Advanced Member
Quote (Ace)
someone who can compose music for a game like this

I wont have trouble getting a DJ. I have a few college friends that make music. One of my cousins is a DJ, and I know a good Youtube DJ.
Quote (Ace)
in addition to a coder

I also have a few coding connections. It's just a matter of them not being busy.

DesharDate: Tuesday, 2012-02-28, 11:59 PM | Message # 13
Very Active
I would help but you need a skilled coder, I'd class myself as a coder but I wouldn't say I'm skilled at all. Maybe once I finish my course I'll be up to scratch. By then you'll probably be finished though. :P

SimTheDogDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-07, 10:10 PM | Message # 14
Advanced Member
I'm finding it really difficult designing the main character. I'm not sure on what he should wear, like if he should wear dance clothes or party clothes.

AceDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-07, 11:38 PM | Message # 15
Master
Quote (SimTheDog)
I'm finding it really difficult designing the main character. I'm not sure on what he should wear, like if he should wear dance clothes or party clothes.

Hm... maybe you could make it so he's usually wearing casual clothes and when he gets a powerup his clothes change to match what he got? Like if he gets a violin, he ends up in a tuxedo. He gets a boombox or whatever, he ends up dressed like a gangsta.

Forum » Community » Questions/Suggestions » My game idea (In development)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: