Main Registration RSS
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Spiffing up the place
AceDate: Saturday, 2011-10-22, 7:25 AM | Message # 1
Master
Group: Generation Scholars
Ok, so I know we have a banner coming, but I'm wondering about the overall design of the site. Like what should we use for a background? Are we going to keep the basic forum design or customize it? Any ideas?

MugenMasterDate: Saturday, 2011-10-22, 7:28 AM | Message # 2
Master
Group: Generation Masters
Hmmm...that will need to be thought over. I was thinking a color scheme like the one we have now(Lots of white, silver, and light-blue) as well as being somehow sprite oriented...lol it's gonna take quite some time.

RetroMafiosoDate: Saturday, 2011-10-22, 7:50 AM | Message # 3
Advanced Member
A pixelated banner? Sounds sick(Good kind xD)- like that! happy

SimTheDogDate: Saturday, 2011-10-22, 4:00 PM | Message # 4
Advanced Member
Why can't everything on this site just be sprited and not Photoshoped? I can sprite the design if anybody is happy; the banner, the wallpaper, buttons, everything.

http://simthedog.deviantart.com/

AceDate: Saturday, 2011-10-22, 5:18 PM | Message # 5
Master
You sure? That's a lot of work for one person lol. I do agree with the make it all sprited part. I think it'd be best if everyone pitched in and did one part of it. One person does the bg, another person does the buttons, etc

MugenMasterDate: Saturday, 2011-10-22, 5:58 PM | Message # 6
Master
Quote (SimTheDog)
I can sprite the design if anybody is happy; the banner, the wallpaper, buttons, everything.

That's quite a hefty job for a single person, but I will gladly help(is my site after all, I need to do something for it besides sit at the front xD) But I can help with le icons, and possibly a background.
Quote (SharinganAce)
I think it'd be best if everyone pitched in and did one part of it.

Thus is where I want to use as much member-created material as possible, but we don't have many members at the moment. Although, it would still be a good idea to have everyone help.

AceDate: Saturday, 2011-10-22, 10:21 PM | Message # 7
Master
Well I'd say if we all did one small part, we could make a lot of progress even with as few members as we have right now. And for something big like the background we could all work on it together, kind of a collab type thing. The only thing is, we need to decide what we wanna do. Are we gonna put member created sprites in the background or do something else?

MugenMasterDate: Saturday, 2011-10-22, 10:33 PM | Message # 8
Master
I think keeping it member-oriented is the highest priority, Ace. But I'm not sure how that would go about happening...hmmm...

AceDate: Sunday, 2011-10-23, 8:20 AM | Message # 9
Master
I'm not sure... we'll have to do some brainstorming on the matter. I'm still inclined to think that the site will be more member-oriented if the members themselves help in the designing of the site.

TheLostGreySaiyanDate: Sunday, 2011-10-23, 8:28 AM | Message # 10
Average
Group: Generation Starters
We need a color scheme to match a banner. Should we make a banner first or choose a color scheme?

reborn574Date: Sunday, 2011-10-23, 8:42 AM | Message # 11
Very Active
We need a color scheme to match a banner. Should we make a banner first or choose a color scheme?

I think color scheme,then we can have the colors for the banner.

- http://venuford.tumblr.com/ -

MugenMasterDate: Sunday, 2011-10-23, 1:26 PM | Message # 12
Master
Well, according to mister Vodka, I should have the banner by the end of this weekend-but I haven't heard anything from him and we can't start until I put that up...I'll contact him.

HakuHuchihaDate: Sunday, 2011-10-23, 11:13 PM | Message # 13
Advanced Member
I know it's not a big help, but if you want, you can use any sprites of the team dotto project biggrin
I guess...

• Page 1 of 1
Search: